After An Accident
What To Do After An Accident
12 Steps for After an Accident, from the National Safety Council:
- Stop your vehicle if it is clear, safe and legal.
- Move the vehicle out of the traveled roadway, if it is clear, safe and legal. (Check local ordinances, in some areas it is against the law to move a vehicle after an accident.)
- Turn off all cars involved.
- Check the health and safety of everyone involved.
- Call 911 and request appropriate services.
- Call Body Works Plus at (704) 332-4404 to arrange transportation of your vehicle.
- Mark the scene of the accident with flares or reflective triangles.
- Gather the names of all people involved and witnesses.
- Take pictures of vehicles and the scene if possible. Make a diagram, including vehicle occupants, lane, and direction. Also note the date, time and weather conditions.
- Ask to see the license(s) of other driver(s) and write down the number.
- Exchange insurance information. DO NOT discuss “fault” or make statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Get a copy of the police report of the accident from the law enforcement agency present at the scene of the collision.