Skip to content
Your health and safety are our top priority. In order to serve you best during these unprecedented times, we are taking every precaution to make sure you are accommodated responsibly. We are sanitizing vehicles upon arrival and exit, offering pickup and drop off services, using electronic services for payments and paperwork, and our staff is following the recommended CDC guidelines for social distancing.
After An AccidentBody Works Plus LLC2019-04-10T08:12:24+00:00
After An Accident
What To Do After An Accident
12 Steps for After an Accident, from the National Safety Council:
- Stop your vehicle if it is clear, safe and legal.
- Move the vehicle out of the traveled roadway, if it is clear, safe and legal. (Check local ordinances, in some areas it is against the law to move a vehicle after an accident.)
- Turn off all cars involved.
- Check the health and safety of everyone involved.
- Call 911 and request appropriate services.
- Call Body Works Plus at (704) 332-4404 to arrange transportation of your vehicle.
- Mark the scene of the accident with flares or reflective triangles.
- Gather the names of all people involved and witnesses.
- Take pictures of vehicles and the scene if possible. Make a diagram, including vehicle occupants, lane, and direction. Also note the date, time and weather conditions.
- Ask to see the license(s) of other driver(s) and write down the number.
- Exchange insurance information. DO NOT discuss “fault” or make statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Get a copy of the police report of the accident from the law enforcement agency present at the scene of the collision.